So the project you are visiting doesn’t load the content you are trying to provide feedback and is stuck on the loading screen like the one below. Well, that stinks, sorry you are having to work through this. We put together some quick fixes to help but if none of these work we are just a button away and happy to help.
There are a few reasons this can happen, and we’ll outline several things you can do quickly to correct this.
The first thing to understand is whether the project has already received feedback from others. In general, projects with feedback will have multiple pages at the top, and feedback on the project’s right side. A project that has received feedback but that is not loading for you typically means there is a conflict with your machine’s setup. If there is no feedback and no team members can load the project, please skip the following section.
Works for everyone but me
Most common conflicts:
- Antivirus applications, because Punchlist is loading your site within our application, some antivirus applications will safeguard you from this practice to prevent you from getting confused about whose website you are on. If you are running an antivirus application changing a setting related to allowed domains typically solves any project loading issues. Make sure to set usepunchlist.com in your allowed domains list. For Norton Antivirus users, you can read how to accomplish this under the Exclude a URL or domain from monitoring section: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/add-exception-norton-internet-security-55754.html
- Adblockers, if you are running an adblocker extension in your browser, there can be conflicts. Punchlist works by monitoring the page you are on, and some Adblockers are tuned typically to prevent this. Simply approving our domains will allow you to run your adblocker on websites other than ours. Domains you will want to allow: usepunchlist.com
- Domain change, we’ve seen a few instances when a project has been getting feedback then suddenly stops working; it will coincide with the domain changing due to the website launching. First, congrats on the launch! 😄 Second, we have some logic setup to detect common URL changes, and we will even update your project for you, but because there are countless ways to make a domain change, we might not have accounted for your scenario. Please reach out to us, and we’ll be more than happy to work through your scenario with you.
No one can get past the loading screen
First of all, sorry, this is happening. I know the last thing you want to be doing is reading this help article. Here are a couple of things you can try but they are pretty technical so please reach out if we can be of any assistance.
- Allowed to be Framed, if you are running some advanced security on your server or within your website, it could be preventing the project from loading. Punchlist requires you to be able to load the website within a frame. If you are preventing that, it simply will not work. Learn more: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options
- Cross-Origin security, if you are preventing other websites from communicating with yours, this may cause conflicts. We offer a manual install solution during the project create screen that will allow you to run Punchlist but requires you to install before the project will work.
We are here to help, so please contact support, and we’ll be happy to troubleshoot this with you.
What’s The Difference Between @Mention And Assign?
There are two ways to alert collaborators to a conversation or task in Punchlist
Does Punchlist Support Offline Mode?
At this time, Punchlist does not support adding and saving feedback when you do not have an internet connection
Why Is My Project Not Loading?
So the project you are visiting doesn’t load the content you are trying to provide feedback and is stuck on the loading screen
What's the Difference Between Workspace Integrations & Project Integrations?
Punchlist supports a variety of key integrations to help you with your workflow