We’re excited to share a new feature available to all users that will ensure your clients and stakeholders never miss a feedback deadline again, or “swoop and poop” with extra rounds of comments late in the game.
Now you can automatically schedule “View-Only Mode” by setting a feedback deadline, to keep your project timeline on track and pause further comments from coming in.
Just another way we take the work off your plate so you don’t have to come back into Punchlist to make the Project read-only.
How It Works
Let’s say you ask your client for feedback by end of week (or “EOW” 🙂).
All you have to do is schedule the feedback deadline in your Punchlist Project. After that point, the project will instantly “lock” as View-Only Mode, preventing any new comments in the 11th hour.
Everyone can still see all the feedback that was made. They just can’t add new ones.
This keeps your timeline from dragging out, and consolidates feedback into very clear rounds to avoid scope creep and wasted energy.
Scheduling View-Only Mode
Just go to Project Settings → View-Only Mode.
From here you can select a precise deadline like 5:00pm on Friday for example, or just the date.
Let your collaborators know that the project is open for feedback until the selected date and time (we’ll show the deadline on the Project page as well). There’s no longer a need to come back to the app and change the setting. Our system takes care of the rest.
After this point, your collaborators can no longer leave feedback, and the project turns into View-Only. This way you can stick to deadlines and keep your projects moving forward on-time and on-budget.
Perks Of This Feature
- No more blown-out timelines — Keep all projects on track without having to remember to nag a dozen people for feedback, who are all at different stages of the project lifecycle.
- Control automated deadlines for each Project — Set feedback deadlines on a per-project basis, to have complete control over all the balls in the air.
- Avoid scope creep — Nevermind extra rounds and delayed launches due to late feedback.
- No more “swoop and poop” — When clients or teammates come in after the feedback deadline to derail the project — Speak now or forever hold your peace!
- Leave the followup to us — Take some of the cognitive load off your mind, so you can rest easy knowing that Punchlist is reminding all the right stakeholders to do their part. You can kick back and let the comments come in… and then shut off the feedback faucet on an automatic timer.
Give it a spin and let us know what you think on Twitter!