The Punchlist changelog contains a curated, chronological list of notable feature updates and bug fixes for each version of the Punchlist app.
Our team is hard at work building the best possible tool for your project management needs — so you can collect feedback more efficiently, with less back-and-forth.
For real-time updates, follow us on Twitter: @Punchlist.
Punchlist Version 1.68.0 - May 6, 2022
Private Projects and Workspace Management.
This release was focused on two core features that will allow you to manage projects more efficiently, and easily control who can (and can’t) collaborate.
- Private Projects
- Workspace Management
For agencies, brand teams, and anyone who manages multiple stakeholders and projects, these features are key to making sure everyone stays organized, and nothing goes out to the wrong eyeballs before it’s ready.
Now you can control who can view and comment on your Punchlist projects, using the Project Access feature within Share settings.
Simply click “Share” on any project, and you’ll see a dropdown with 3 options:
- Public – anyone with the link can access
- Workspace Only – anyone in your Punchlist team/workspace can access
- Restricted (Invite Only) – only available to those you invite/approve
You can also stack together Private Projects with Password Protection, for an added layer of security and control over “who sees what.”
A lot of Punchlist customers manage multiple brands and 10+ projects, websites or landing pages. Often you’re dealing with a different group of stakeholders depending on the client team.
We’ve just made it easier to manage your Workspaces within Punchlist, and quickly toggle between Workspaces with a handy dropdown menu in the top nav.
You can have different team members in each Workspace, house all your projects into a unique Dashboard, and then get even more granular by organizing your Projects into Folders.
Punchlist Version 1.67.0 - April 21, 2022
Monday.com Integration is Finally Here!
By popular demand, our team just put the finishing touches on a new integration with one of the leading project management tools: Monday.com!
Say you’ve already built out your custom workspace, and you want to sync your Punchlist feedback items within Monday. You’re in luck.
Now, the same helpful data that’s instantly captured in your Punchlist comment (screenshot, browser, resolution, device) will appear when you send the item to Monday.
Be among the first to try this new release. Head over to Project Settings → Integrations and click the Monday.com logo, or select Add an Integration from the quick settings dropdown.
If you’re a Monday power user and would be interested in giving us feedback on the integration, and how you’d like to see it improve for v2, we’ll give you an extended 30-day Team trial in exchange for feedback.
*Available on Team and Organization plans.
Misc. Bug Fixes:
- Item Permissions – Item owners (i.e. the person who gave the feedback) now has full edit permissions to modify the content of an item. There were a few cases in which people weren’t able to edit a comment — we fixed it.
- App Load Speed – We have improved Dashboard loading speed and ensured that your Punchlist projects can support as many feedback items as needed – even a 50-page website or 100-page PDF with lots and lots of comments.
- Yes, Your Website Works – We’ve made improvements to our secret sauce to handle even more types of websites. If you’ve run into trouble before with loading an “edge case” website, this is a good time to retry that same site.
- Still doesn’t work? Submit it for review and we’ll take a look!
- Legacy Members – We fixed a bug that could cause some legacy account owners (i.e. signed up before February 2022) to be incorrectly restricted from features they are entitled to. As a friendly reminder, if you’re a longtime customer of Punchlist, you are “grandfathered in” to our Team plan and all advanced features that come with it. We appreciate your continued support!
Punchlist Version 1.65.0 - April 7, 2022
This week we did a little styling update to Status dropdowns, making it easier (and prettier) for you to run your multi-layer project management process, and know where everything’s at.
As a friendly reminder, any paid plan (Solo, Team, Organization) members can update the status on each feedback item to:
- In Progress
- Ready for Review
- Waiting for Feedback
This release also contained miscellaneous bug fixes that you probably don’t care about. But hey, we’re in this weekly habit of building and shipping, so let’s talk about it.
- Fix on Assignment tab for mobile
- Fix for Slack integration – automated notifications
- Fixed pagination and “restore project” in Project Dashboard
Punchlist Version 1.64.0 - March 31, 2022
New Project Settings.
In the past, the Settings section of Punchlist had become a bit of a junk drawer.
We wanted to better organize it — so you can quickly toggle things on/off and customize the Punchlist app to fit your team’s needs.
This means more control over your projects, without the frustration of hunting around. We want our members to spend their time making amazing projects, and less time trying to manage them.
Now when you navigate to “Settings” on a Project level (top right nav button), you’ll notice clearly organized sections:
- General Settings — things like Read-Only Mode, Show Screenshots, Video Comments, and Password Protection.
- Notifications Settings — control your Daily Digest, Instant Notifications, and Slack Messages (which channel your feedback notifications go to).
- Integrations — one easy place to manage your project integrations, whether you use Asana, Jira, ClickUp, Trello, GitHub or any of our other task management integration partners.
We hope this helps you free up time to focus on the creative work, and better control your settings and project communication.
- Filtering Feedback — UI improvements to “Item Filtering” and “List View”.
- Page Navigation Film Strip — We made some improvements to the Page Navigation scrollbar and display at the top, where you can quickly navigate through multi-page projects (websites, PDFs, etc.).
- This is also where you can toggle on/off “Active Pages Only” to help your collaborators focus on only the pages that have feedback.
- File Picker in Folders — UI fixes to help you organize Projects into Folders.
Punchlist Version 1.63.9 - March 24, 2022
Improved Slack Integration.
As you may already know, Punchlist integrates with Slack for instant visibility and compartmentalization across your projects.
In this release, we made some improvements to this integration requested by Punchlist members who are juggling lots of client projects and in turn, lots of Slack channels.
- Slack channel dropdown now displays as many as you need (previously capped at 100, which was affecting people with archived channels).
- Slack channel dropdown now sorts alphabetically, so you can more easily sync your project notifications to the right channel.
And of course, the integration works both ways.
- Get instant notifications in the Slack channel of your choosing when feedback is added to your Punchlist project.
- Quickly generate a new Punchlist project from Slack with a handy keyboard shortcut /punchlist.
Misc. Bug Fixes:
- Clearer copy when you delete feedback (”Item deleted” vs. “issue archived”).
- Now accepting non-credit card payments for Punchlist subscription (e.g. Europe).
Punchlist Version 1.63.7 - March 18, 2022
Get Team Benefits, Instantly.
Free 14-Day Team Trial experience from “Quick Project Create” button.
A lot of people who visit our homepage punchlist.com tend to give Punchlist a quick spin using this handy little form field, which you may have seen before:
Try with a Live Website
This widget used to give you our Free plan, which has a 25-item limit.
Now, this widget automatically gives you access to the advanced features of Punchlist Team ($99/mo.) for two weeks, free of charge! No credit card is required.
If you’re a new visitor who doesn’t already have a Punchlist account, you’ll instantly get access to a Team Trial.
Or, if you’ve got a friend or colleague who you think would benefit from a tool like this, and you want them to try out our advanced integrations, it’s as easy as sharing the Quick Project Create tool with them.
Team includes pro features like:
- Advanced Integrations with Task Management Tools
(Asana, JIRA, ClickUp, Trello, GitHub and more)
- Unlimited Feedback Items on Unlimited Projects
- Shared “Team Management” Dashboard to control Roles & Permissions
- Premium Support
- Prioritized Feature Requests
- 5 Team Member Seats
Punchlist Version 1.61.6 - March 3, 2022
- “Assignments” and “Statuses” – various styling updates to these premium features, available on all Punchlist paid plans. (shameless plug)
- Updated the “Folders” UI and Styling – so you can more easily organize your Punchlist projects into folders, and keep things nice and tidy on a per-client or per-project basis. Perfect for those of you who are juggling 20 things.
- Improvements to free trial experience for guest users – so when you invite a guest collaborator, they also have the opportunity to try out all the advanced features of Punchlist Team, for free. No credit card required. No catches. No joke.
- Bug Fixes – We corrected an issue that allowed continued access to archived projects. Plus various other bug fixes to continue improving your experience!
Punchlist Version 1.61 - Feb 22, 2022
Statuses Are Here!
Now you can mark each item as more than just “Done.”
There’s now a dropdown per feedback item that allows a Team Member or project manager to change the status to:
- In Progress
- Ready for Review
- Waiting for Feedback
This works wonders if you have a multi-layer review process, or kanban task management system, and you need to know exactly where things are at.
Who can update Statuses in Punchlist? Any Team Member, Manager or Account Owner on a paid plan (i.e. Solo, Team, or Organization plan – or a trial). Enjoy!
Punchlist Version 1.60 - Feb 11, 2022
- Developers, unite! For this release, we introduced an exciting new Integrations platform that will allow faster development of third-party integrations, and migrates the Wrike integration as its first implementation 🎉
- Learn more about all of our integrations with task management and comms tools here.
- Wix Fix: We fixed a bug causing issues with certain websites (e.g. if your site is built with Wix.com). In case you’re interested, here’s what happened: these platforms use mixed-case query parameters and case-sensitive web servers such as IIS.
- Long story short, we fixed the bug, and you should have no problems loading your Wix site into Punchlist and marking it up!
- Misc: We fixed an issue leftover from attempting to load a non-existent Chrome extension.
- (Sidenote: we are in talks about adding a Chrome extension to the future roadmap, if there’s enough demand. For now, you can create a Punchlist project with just a couple clicks – even from our homepage 🙂 )
Punchlist Version 1.59 - Feb 3, 2022
- Folder selection on Project Creation screen no longer blocks the user interface. Generally, we’ve made it easier to organize your Projects into Folders within Punchlist, especially for those of you who are juggling a million balls in the air at once.
- Fixed an issue caused by improperly attempting to contact a Chrome extension when not installed.
- Fixed an issue which caused an error state when following Project Invite Links repeatedly – so you can quickly get back to the work you were doing, especially on those longer-term timelines.
- Fixed an issue that caused new pages to open in a separate window when links had a property of `blank` instead of `_blank`. This bug was encountered by several larger Team customers who use Punchlist for reviewing live websites containing external links. Now you can keep everything within your Punchlist Project, without link issues.
- Fixed an issue that caused an error when retrieving Item Assignments for certain Projects.
- Fixed an issue that caused an error condition when attempting to retrieve the Folder List for a Guest user (not logged in) via Submission pages and Product Hunt landing page.
- Updated copyright dates and some other little details in all Punchlist email communications, which you probably weren’t worried about anyway since it’s in the footer 🙂
Punchlist Version 1.40.2 - Nov 23, 2021
- Added ability to filter Projects by type in `/projects` API endpoint.
Punchlist Version 1.40.1 - Nov 23, 2021
- Multiple UI improvements across the Punchlist app.
- Fixed Project Invite “nag” notifications – so you can have Punchlist automatically send reminders on your behalf, 3 days and 1 day before its Due Date. Leave the followup to us, and you can focus on other things.
- All Team Members now have read access to the “join by link” URL in their settings.
- Added projects endpoint to API v2.